Mother’s day celebration in Hong Kong 慶賀香港母親節
Mother’s Day (母親節) is a day for many people to show their appreciation towards mothers worldwide. Many people in Hong Kong express their gratitude towards their beloved mothers on Mother’s Day by inviting them to go out for a big feast. Lacrucci takes this opportunity to say thanks to all hard-working moms and wish them having a wonderful gathering with their family on 14th May.
Mother’s Day Food and Drink in Hong Kong
Treat mom to the perfect Mother’s Day with some foodie delight:
- Give her a surprise by taking her to a Speakeasy bar in Hong Kong
- Book a table in starred starred restaurants in Wan Chai
- Buy her a set of French fusion food or simply enjoy snack lunch in traditional place like Sheung Wan restaurants
- Catch up with a casual eatery place as we suggest in our facebook post
Mother’s Day background
The background of Mother’s Day can be a long story:
Early Mother’s Day celebrations can be dated back to the spring celebrations to honor Rhea, the Mother of the Gods, in ancient Greek civilization, according to some sources. Later, Mothering Sunday in the United Kingdom was traditionally a day for people to visit the church where they were baptized, although it now also celebrates motherhood in modern times.
The modern-day origins of Mother’s Day can be attributed to two women – Julia Ward Howe and Anna Jarvis, who were important in establishing the tradition in the United States. Around 1870, Julia Ward Howe called for Mother’s Day to be celebrated each year. It continued to be held in Boston for about 10 years under her sponsorship, but died out after that. Other sources say that Juliet Calhoun Blakely initiated Mother’s Day in Albion, Michigan, in the late 1800s. Her sons paid tribute to her each year and urged others to honor their mothers.
Talk to Lacrucci
Lacrucci.com is a brand F&B community consultant developed by Lacruland Ltd. If you would like to join us, please use one of the following methods:
- Phone: +852 6280.3566
- Office Phone: + 852-3597 5561
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Check out more information on Lacrucci facebook and Lacrucci Instagram